Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Welcome to the world of Gastric Bypass

On Feb 27th I went in to have my Gastric Bypass surgery, it was uneventful for the most part, and I was able to leave the hospital in a day and a half, pain was more then I had expected, seeing I just had Gallbladder surgery 3 weeks prior. First few days were rough, not eating before surgery helped me prepare for not eating afterwards, but as the time passes, I find myself not even wanting to eat, but when I do want to eat I want regular food, not blended or pureed dishes. But this process is baby steps at each level, what I think I can eat, I cannot, what I once loved to eat I don't desire, but besides the mindful eating part, I find myself excited, full of energy and feeling healthier than I have in nearly 12 years!! I feel free, but a limited free, in a sense food once made me "feel" happy, but I realize now it's not the food, its the thoughts I had around food.
I am planning to eat better, start juicing and be more active! I am looking forward to new beginnings with my family, ministry, and well life in general. Finally feel like I am breaking out of the prison of fat I was locked in for so so long!! Praise God for new beginnings!! Now I'm just waiting on my body to completely heal so I can go conquer the world!!

No comments:

Post a Comment