Sunday, February 3, 2013

Changes

So much in my life has been change, some good, some bad, but always changing.

On my 32nd Birthday I had decided my body was not changing the way I want it to. I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight, in fact when I say ALWAYS, I mean 22 of my 32 years. Yes that is right since I was 10 years old!! Had they knew then what they know now, They meaning Doctors, would have seen it was hormonal due to PCOS rather then some young girl eating too much. Honestly I didn't eat all that much til after a brief  ''I will only eat once a day kick'' when I was on in middle school up into High School. Then food was always my friend, especially sweets. Later in life this grew into a LOVE/HATE relationship!
So here I am, on the brink of major change for my body and my life! My decision to change came by finally planning and going through with having Gastric Bypass. I prayed to God, "Please do WHATEVER it takes to get me to this place of change!'' Sure enough God heard my prayer, only I had my gallbladder short circuit in Dec. 2012 where I was in so much pain and could not eat much, I lost 11 of the 14 pounds I needed to lose before surgery, but was I going to have gallbladder and Gastric Bypass together now?
It took many visits to the ER and Docs before they finally realized what was going on with my gallbladder and decided to do the gallbladder first, since it wasn't stones, the Docs wanted to make sure after taking the gallbladder out that my pain goes away, in case they miss something and it might be another issue. Where as with the Gastric Bypass I would be in pain for awhile and I would never really know if the gallbladder surgery fixed the issue I had been having.
Monday I have gallbladder surgery to remove it, and 3 weeks from then on Feb. 27th I will be having Gastric Bypass Ruin-Y Surgery. Am I nervous to have two abdominal surgeries in one month?? HECK yes!! But I have something most people don't, faith in a great God, and an over abundance of coping mechanisms to deal with change and stress.

On top of all the body changes, comes Leadership changes in our ministry For the Broken. My husband has stepped down as Co-Founder so he can concentrate on school to become a Pastor! I am uber excited for him and our family. Though I am now in the spot of needing to find someone as passionate and dependable as Bobby is. I am praying God brings the perfect person, and for it not be a frantic decision based on worry or need to fill a spot. I want the best for this ministry. Those who are hurting and in crisis need the best, most compassionate, dedicated people to help them get through the storm. Granted my hubby is still helping me out with videos, presentations, and meeting information, but he does way more than that on any given day!

I am excited for the changes, because I know as I get healthier also I will have more energy to devote to family, ministry and all of the stuff I do. God has made the timing perfect and I am counting on him fully for the whole process, beginning to the end.

So here is to one amazing year of change!! Yay for 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment